Wednesday, August 17, 2005

I received a mail from Avinash Rajput who writes, “I have been passing through the T-point at Agrasen Road, Pitampura and have been observing road accidents regularly at the aforesaid point. Lot of accidents happen here and no traffic policeman is posted at this T-point on Agrasen Road, Pitampura. In this way people do not care for traffic rules while crossing at this point.

“I met with an accident on August 1, 2005 while I was driving my scooter (DL 8S J 3960) on the particular road and sustained multiple injuries when a car (DL 1C B 7803) which was driven by the owner/driver rashly, negligently and at a very fast speed hit me and ran away. An FIR No. 647 dated 3.8.2005 under Sections 279/337 IPC PS Shalimar Bagh was lodged by me and the Police Post, Pitampura has neither tracked the said offending vehicle nor the driver/owner till date.

“May I therefore, request the Delhi Traffic Police to depute some traffic cop at the aforesaid point or provide traffic signals to avoid any future accident.”

A few months back I received a similar complaint by a lady whose aunt was severely injured in a hit-and-run case at the same location. At that time she was battling for life in Safdarjung Hospital. Actually her relatives wanted my help in tracing the vehicle. But I was helpless in helping them as none had noted the number. Actually there are lot of spots in Delhi where a traffic constable is not required to regulate traffic but his presence is required only to check the speeding vehicles. I think traffic police should earmark these spots and deploy constables so as to check such speeding vehicles. It will do a lot good to check such accidents.

No comments: