Monday, August 22, 2005

I received a letter from Sat Paul Arora who is a resident of Ashok Vihar. He writes, “I read the sad state of affairs in Janpath Lane and such things happen in many parts of Delhi. Take for example Ashok Vihar. I wonder sometimes that people sitting at the helm of affairs do not foresee such bottlenecks even in long-term point of view. The planners are not visionary enough. Take for example the entry road to Ashok Vihar from Mont Forte School. Right from Mont Forte School till the school at D block, this road is a mess. All the schools are located on this road and during the morning and afternoon, road gets blocked. Traffic is simply worse here as school buses are parked on both sides of the road. The presence of two-wheelers, three-wheelers, cycle-rickshaws, vans and taxis make this road a deadly zone where mishaps happen frequently. None from Traffic Police goes there to control and regulate traffic here, as jams are a common sight. I just request traffic police to depute traffic personnel to regulate traffic during the opening and closing of the schools to avoid major mishap as without them situation is worse.”

The problem with schools in residential locality is a big problem. I think the traffic police should ask the schools to have staggered timings so that the dispersal of students is in a way, which doesn’t affect the residents.

Meanwhile, long time back Avinash Rajput had given a traffic suggestion to either remove median/partition or provide speed breaker or yellow line on both sides of the Shakurbasti overhead Railway Bridge in between Britannia and Punjabi Bagh Flyovers. He sent me a mail again saying, “This hasn’t been done although the traffic inspector met me and took the suggestion from me. This was covered by you last year in July. I just request the traffic police to do something about it.” I just hope the traffic cops help resolve this issue.

No comments: