Tuesday, April 12, 2005

I received a mail from Kulbhushan Khanna who writes, “I do not know whether you have ever been to Sarai Rohilla Railway Station which is now the only station which caters to Metre-gauge trains. Though it may be very inconvenient for you but a visit to Sarai Rohilla Station between 11 P.M. to 5 A.M will enlighten you about the difficulties faced by passengers and visitors when the respective associations lock all the colony gates and one has no convenient way to reach the station. The road is horrible with a number of potholes and no body is bothered to repair these. I would request you to kindly spare some time and see for your self. Your intervention may help in getting this problem reduced to some extent.”

Well, I must confess that I have never been to Sarai Rohilla railway station, but I know something about the problem there. Actually from Rohtak Road, access to this railway station is through small colony lanes. And sometime back, residents of one lane blocked the lane by putting up a gate there. Seeing this the residents of other lanes also put up gates and thus blocking entry to the station. There was some court case also going on regarding this. I don’t know whether the case has been resolved or not. But I think the traffic police should do something about this, if entry and exit to the station is a problem. I will definitely visit the area to get a clear picture of it so that we can follow this matter up.

No comments: