Wednesday, April 27, 2005

I received a mail from Arjun Sahgal who is peeved by the fact that cranes are towing away vehicles from Civil Lines area especially after Metro has started there. He says, “I am a resident of Civil Lines area in North Delhi and have my own trading concern. Due to my nature of business I have to often frequent the Punjab National Bank branch located in the Civil Lines area. Due to the Civil Lines metro station coming up just adjacent to the building where the bank is located I have to park my vehicle on the main Sham Nath road running parallel to this building. I have had the frightening experience of my car being towed away to the Old Police Lines thrice because of this area being designated as a "NO PARKING ZONE" although there is no indication of this area being designated so.

“I am a very old resident of Civil Lines and never had a problem until the Delhi metro work started as there was lot of open space in the building premises. I would request the Delhi Police to be a bit more considerate in this particular belt and not to tow away the vehicles at their own discretion and not let the common man suffer for no fault of theirs’. I would request the Delhi Police to co-ordinate with the Delhi Metro to provide adequate parking space in this area adjacent to the Civil Lines Metro station and not to enforce the "No Parking Zone" which has designated so by the Delhi Police constables.”

I spoke to DCP (Traffic/North Range) H.P.S. Virk and he said, “Yes right now it’s a no parking zone. But we will see if there’s a feasibility of making a parking lot there we will definitely do so and also take the matter up with DMRC if they can help us out.”

Actually with new systems in place and the geography of the place changing due to Metro work, it will take time for authorities to develop the area again. And it is only with the feedback from you people, the local residents, which will help authorities in setting things right there.

No comments: