Friday, August 03, 2007

Sex, Kink and Delhi

Call it Western culture influence or anything, kinky sex has become the IN thing. A lot many couples are experimenting with their sexual tastes. There is a kind of bedroom revolution among Delhiites. However, it is also causing breakdown of marriages and relationship troubles as few are able to cope with their partners’ weird sexual desires.

Experts say one of the main reason for several such couple heading for divorce is their failure to understand simple fact that sex is a two way process and both partners have to enjoy it and be comfortable doing the act. But sometimes the situation takes an ugly turn as in the case of Harpreet Singh Suri who has been arrested for raping and forcing his wife to do anal sex.

While Singh's case is expection, there are several others who are enjoying bedroom experiments. Men and women both have now fewer inhibitions about talking about their preferences and sexual exploits. Eight years back when Michelle (All names of case studies in the story have been changed), then studying in Delhi University's north campus college, refused for a fellatio and anal sex with her boyfriend. Almost eight years later, working in an advertisement agency, craves for sex and loves fellatio and anal sex.

"There were inhibitions earlier when I was in college. Sex for me till then was just missionary position. Initially I used to enjoy it but my boyfriend used to hate me for that. I know every man's dream is a blowjob but I wasn't prepared for that. But after couple of years it got boring and then I started experimenting new positions and I loved it. Now I don't hesitate to perform fellatio on my boyfriend even in a moving car. It's so exciting," says the 29-year-old Vasant Kunj resident.

Dr Surendra Nath, Head, Department of Anthropology, Delhi University says, "Media is always full of news about sodomy, oral, anal and even group sex. When people read and see in television about this, they also feel adventurous and the need to experiment. They too want to see the different side of sex and hence the behavioral changes in society."

Take the case of 21-year-old Shikha, a JNU student. Her boyfriend got a shock when she asked him to have sex in the common bathroom of the hostel instead of his hostel room. "I love having sex in public places. The feeling of getting caught by others while having sex makes it kinkier. My boyfriend got a complete shock when I asked him to pee on my vagina in hostel bathroom. I love it, but my boyfriend hates it. But he cannot help it. Whatever I say he has to do it," she adds.

30-year-old Amit, a Sainik Farm resident, says, "I have many sex partners and I shuffle around with them. Although I always believe in protective sex but sometimes the demands of girls are such that it's not possible with a condom. One of my girlfriend asked me to make out with her in a moving car. And while riding on me she asked 'what if my mom was on top of you'. I was completely shocked when I heard. Once another girl asked me to have sex inside the rest room of All American Diners in India Habitat Centre. After we were done with it, the guard confronted me when I came out. He knew what exactly had happened. As I am a regular there, I just walked off." Amit gets his HIV test done every four months. "It's so risky these days. But sometimes I really feel what will happen to them when they get married. How would their husbands react?" he says.

"With husband it's just plain simple missionary position sex. All these experiments are meant to be done with only boyfriends or sex partners," says 22-year-old Ruchi, an executive working with a PR company. "Blowjobs and anal sex excites me. But I can't do it with my boyfriend as I am getting married to him. So I have a sex partner too with whom I simply practice uninhibited sex. We meet once a week and it's a kind of relaxation therapy for me, a stress buster.

25-year-old Shabana, a Vasant Vihar resident, says, "When I was in Class IX, our school took us out for picnic to Lodhi garden. I along with my friend Swati saw a guy screwing a girl behind the bushes. I got excited about this and one night few years later I asked my boyfriend to have sex at the same spot. We sneaked in the park and spent some two hours there fondling and groping each other. It was exciting."

No comments: